From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2010 - 15:02:45 CDT

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Daniel Farrell <dwf_at_asu.edu> wrote:
> I have uploaded two example pdb files to the testfiles directory on
> biocore. The one that loads fine is vmd_noproblem.pdb, and the one

it took a bit to find them. you put them into the biocore help project
and not the VMD public project.

> that causes a segmentation fault is vmd_problem.pdb. The only
> difference between them is the coordinates, and every single other
> snapshot I have loaded works fine. The PDB files are compliant in

both files actually work fine on my machine.

do you have a machine where you can try the latest
VMD alpha version? perhaps this is an internal bug
that has been fixed since (i use a self-compiled version
straight off the cvs).

cheers,
   axel.