From: Bogdan Costescu (bcostescu_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 20 2010 - 08:47:06 CDT

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Rob <spamrefuse_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I indeed also use an input method, IBus, for allowing me to input Korean.

Thank you for the confirmation.

> Is there some bad interference with the input method?
> Then how come other software is not affected by the input method?

I'm afraid that I don't know anything more apart from establishing the
link between the crash and the presence of the input method. Given
that there is a simple workaround which works reliably (LANG=C), I
didn't spend more time on this. But if there are ideas to test or data
to collect to indicate what goes wrong, I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,
Bogdan