From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2010 - 14:39:12 CDT

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Vikas Varshney <vv0210_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> For using only ~100 snapshots for movie, use the Frame option in FILE-->New
> Molecule. It asks for FIRST, LAST and STRIDE. You can choose these
> parameters accordingly to upload any number of frames.

if there are 3000 individual files, this will not work. these files would
first have to be combined into a single file, e.g. using catdcd.
the second alternative is to write a little tcl script that calls
mol new on the first file and then mol addfile on each successive one.

something like this:

mol new file-0.pdb waitfor all
for {set i 5} {$i < 3000} {incr i 5} {
  mol addfile [format-%d.pdb] waitfor all
}

then the rest is as usual.

cheers,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/