From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 11 2010 - 19:19:21 CDT

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Joakim Swedberg
<joakim_swedberg_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a problem where I need to run another CUDA accelerated software's at
> the same time as VMD 1.8.7. The other software ACEMD lets me specify which
> devices I want to use but I have not been able to find a way to do that in
> VMD and it locks all devices, As a result the other software always crashes

check out this page in the documentation:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node205.html

e.g. setting VMDNOCUDA would tell VMD to not touch
any GPU for computing.

cheers,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/