From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2010 - 23:25:23 CDT

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Anna Ceguerra
<anna.ceguerra_at_emu.usyd.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create my own LAMMPS trajectory file to be viewed in VMD.
> However, VMD is not showing the changes going from timestep 1 to 2.
>
> I have found a pretty good resource on the web regarding the expected format
> (
> https://www-s.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/doxygen/lammpsplugin_8c-sourc
> e.html), and that's what I'm basing my file on.
>
> Am I missing anything important?

yes, VMD assumes that atom types, names, charges, bonds and so on
does not change between timesteps. it will only read the coordinates
(and velocities, if present)

cheers,
      axel..

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/