From: Bogdan Costescu (bogdan.costescu_at_IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 11:02:01 CDT

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, John Stone wrote:

> One thing you may wish to try would be to run one of the last test versions
> of VMD 1.8.1 with the "VMDPREFERSTEREO" environment variable.

I described a bit my setup in the old message. I'll just add that I've
used the latest version at that time of the NVidia driver and VMD
alpha/beta version which supported "VMDPREFERSTEREO" - with the NVidia
drivers, setting this variable is a must. I did not try other
stereo-capable OpenGL programs.

But in my (pretty limited) testing, I did not observe the same effect when
not using the stereo enabler (the Quadro card that I've used offered me
the option of connecting the IR emitter directly...)

> Its possible that the XiG drivers

Yeah, but NVidia drivers too ? Until Dr. White's message, I thought that
the glitches that I've seen come from the NVidia driver when set for
"Blueline" mode. Being only 2 cases now, I can still consider this being
a coincidence, but it lets me wondering if something else (maybe a
combination of factors) is the root of the problem...

--
Bogdan Costescu
Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868