From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2010 - 19:18:09 CDT

knut,

thanks a lot for submitting a proper bug report.
in fact, it is a perfect example of how this should
be done. everybody else, please take note.

this way it took me only 5 minutes to identify and
correct the problem that you are seeing.

the issue is - as suspected - a bug in the pqr parser,
but has nothing to do with folding, but rather it was
mixing up columns due to some code that was making
unneeded (and partially wrong) assumptions about
the format of the file.
i was under the impression that pymol uses the same
plugins to read files, so it should suffer from the same
issue but perhaps not in this case here.

the bugfix should be in the next vmd alpha/beta release version.
if you are comfortable with compiling software for yourself,
i can send you the update file and what is needed to compile it.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/