From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2010 - 07:57:38 CST

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 09:03 -0300, Alexandre Suman de Araujo wrote:
> Hi Axel

hi alexandre,

> The second suggestion worked very well.

thanks, that is very good to know. please check carefully.
since the topotools package is still fairly new and bugs
tend to surface occasionally. i tried hard to write conservative
code, but there is always a good chance that somebody tries
something that i never had throught of before.

> But the use of mergestructs package resulted in problems. When I try to
> use the following command:
>
> mergestructs {file1.psf file1.pdb} {file2.psf file2.pdb} file3
>
> I have the following error
>
> wrong # args: should be "mergestructs"
>

> When I try to call mergestructs without parameters, the GUI interface is
> opened.
> I tried to find the correct syntax but I have not success.
> Do you mind what is happening?

yes. this was of course a cunning plan to promote my plugin. ;-)

in reality, it was my fault. i made a mistake when looking up
the script code for mergestructs. what you have to call is
::MergeStructs::mergeMolecules instead of mergestructs

if you look closely at the tcl/tk code for the mergstructs plugin,
then you'll see that the majority of it is just to generate the GUI.
the "real" code is just this one function and it is a fairly
short one. in any case, i think it is good to have multiple
options.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/