From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 23:18:11 CDT

Hi Dongsheng,
  I have a few answers for you on the items you brought up:

1) It sounds like you're getting warnings from VMD because it is
   having to use its distance-based bond search algorithm to determine
   connectivity rather than a PSF file. (The current PDB plugin doesn't
   yet parse the PDB "CONECT" records, though this is high on the list of
   things to improve in the PDB plugin) You can create a PSF file from
   your PDB file with this IRIX program, which should eliminate
   those warnings (load the PSF first, then the PDB file(s)):
     http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/MDTools/conect2psf/

2) The 'vmdmovie' plugin is currently constrained to operate at
   the basic MPEG frame rates which are 24fps, 25fps, and 30fps.
   You can slow down the rate of animation by duplicating frames in
   your trajectory. In a future version of the 'vmdmovie' plugin, I
   intend to have an option to do this automatically. This only gives
   you a way to cut the displayed rate by some integer factor, to do
   other rates requires some other techniques to get decent results.

   If you truly require a framerate other than 24/25/30, then building
   the movie on Windows with VideoMach as an AVI, or by running an external
   movie tool on the individual images produced by 'vmdmovie' would be
   your best option. (Adobe Premiere will load the frame sets produced
   by 'vmdmovie' for example)

Let us know if you need more help with these items.
Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been swamped preparing VMD 1.8.1 for
release.

Thanks,