From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 05 2010 - 08:12:16 CST

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Prathit Chatterjee <pc20apr_at_yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Jani,
> Thanks for your reply.
> I tried the command "./vmd" much before you had suggested me.

no. this _cannot_ be. you must have issued ./vmd in the wrong directory
or have mistyped it. using "source" cannot work, since you have a bash
as login shell but the installed vmd script is obviously the version for csh.
thus just for kicks try :

/bin/csh -c ./vmd

> The consequences were the same. Can you kindly find a solution to the problem?

as was stated before, the solution is that you improve your knowledge
of linux. the problems you are having are not vmd problems, but stem
from lack of understanding of essential linux/unix issues.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
College of Science and Technology