From: Guo Zhi (gzgzgz_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 03 2010 - 11:41:03 CST

Hi John,

    I also did this in my first post.
    But still the output was:

E:\VMD>vmd -dispdev text
Info) VMD for WIN32, version 1.8.7 (August 1, 2009)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 2 CPUs detected.
Info) Free system memory: 1493MB (72%)
Info) Detected 1 available CUDA accelerator:
Info) [0] GeForce 9500 GT 4 SM_1.1 @ 1.40 GHz, 511MB RAM, KTO, OIO
Info) Creating CUDA device pool and initializing hardware...

E:VMD>

as if nothing ever happened...

--
Zhi Guo