From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 12:27:54 CDT

Dallas,
  I'm testing an ATI FireGL X1 card in one of our machines here.
So far it seems to perform on par with the NVidia Ti 4600 cards on
Linux. I haven't tested it on Windows yet. I've got a 3DLabs
Wildcat 4 VP870 card in a Windows test machine and it has performed
very well so far, and I've been using it successfully with various
stereo glasses etc. I didn't have much luck testing the 3DLabs cards
under Linux since the drivers they've got only support P4 based machines
and almost all of our boxes are AMD Athlons.
Let me know if you have specific questions, or just wondered how they
compare. Generally speaking, I'd say that the cards from all three
vendors provide similar performance, with different cards performing
better or worse for certain VMD representations and/or with features like
stereo, 3-D texture mapping, etc.

Thanks,