From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 09 2009 - 11:48:11 CST

To follow up on this, I've implemented an initial version of
a more extensive script that implements all of the Matlab colorscale
types except "lines". To use it, just source the script, and then
call it with matlab_colorscale colorscaletype [reverseflag] [count],
examples:
  matlab_colorscale jet 0 64
  matlab_colorscale hot
  matlab_colorscale hsv 1 32