From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 04 2009 - 17:28:31 CST

Hi,
  Our friends at D. E. Shaw Research sent me a bug fix this
afternoon and I've compiled a fresh set of dtrplugin binaries
containing the fix. I've posted a tar file containing builds of
dtrplugin for several common platforms on the VMD web page here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/bugfix/dtrplugin.tar.gz

You can either copy the updated dtrplugin binary into your local
VMD installation or put it in another directory and tell VMD to
scan the other directory for plugin updates using a .vmdrc addition
similar to this one:
  set myplugindir [file join $env(HOME) myplugins [vmdinfo arch] molfile] *.so
  vmd_plugin_scandirectory $myplugindir

Let me know if you are able to use the updated dtrplugin or not.