From: rainy908_at_yahoo.com
Date: Wed Dec 02 2009 - 20:22:50 CST

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Your suggestion worked. Now only to
make things more complicated :), what if I want to specify a transparent,
cylindrical-shaped bond between two beads, as well as an opaque,
cylindrical-shaped bond between another set of beads? I tried setting up my
tcl script as:

 set pos1 { 0 0 0 }
 set pos2 { 1 1 1 }
 set pos3 { 2 2 2 }
 set pos4 { 3 3 3 }

 draw material Transparent
 draw color silver
 draw cylinder $pos1 $pos2 radius 0.3

 draw material Opaque
 draw color black
 draw cylinder $pos2 $pos3 radius 0.3

However, when I reset the material to Opaque, the display shows that both
bonds are opaque. How should I write my script so that both transparent and
opaque materials are simultaneously shown? I presume I would have to make a
new representation?

Your resident newbie,
Lili