From: Katherine Parra (kparra_at_mail.usf.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 12 2009 - 09:59:23 CDT

Dear VMD users:
I've been trying to use the catdcd plugin in VMD, to create dcd files
containing just some selected
coordinates.
I already have the index file which contains the 0 based indices of the
selection atoms.
But when I type the catdcd command in the VMD tKconsole to get reduced dcd:

catdcd -o new.dcd -i index_file.ind long.dcd
source: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/MDTools/catdcd/ *

I get this error message:

invalid command name "catdcd"

Which made me think that the plugin was not installed in VMD (my computer).
The VMD version I have is: version 1.8.7 (August 1, 2009).

In the same page I found the example to run catdcd*, there are some
installation instructions which I followed
but I did not get any successful result. The downloaded file
~/LINUXAMD64/bin/catdcd4.0/catdcd does not have a makefile.

Is there any other tutorial I can read to install or load catdcd?

Thank you in advance.

KP