From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 24 2009 - 10:13:16 CDT

On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 16:28 +0200, Andreas Wagenmann wrote:
> Hello,

andreas,

> Apart from "animate dub" I couldnt find anything, but using this, all
> frames are the same (either all animation frames painted above each
> other (if graphics primitives are not deleted) or just the last one (in
> case on each frame the primitives are deleted).
>
> Maybe there is a very very simple solution to this to make VMD a very
> flexible animation tool?

yes, the solution i would suggest, is to create multiple "molecules",
draw into them and then show only one of them. check out the
multimolanim plugin as an example for that. this was created to work
around the limitation of VMD that all frames have to have the same
topology data, but it should work for you just as well.

in case of mpeg generation, you have to use the "user" function method
and supply a function that toggles the display between multiple
molecules. you can probably "steal" the guts of that function from
multimolanim.

cheers,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
College of Science and Technology