From: Goutham (gouthambs_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 18 2009 - 22:25:02 CDT

> >...and again "it doesn't work" doesn't help at all!!

package require signalproc

gives an error message:
can't find package signalproc

However :
package require specden

loads fine without any error.

Also the IRspec GUI works fine!
-----

> doesn't work how? is there an error message? if yes, which one?
> which version of VMD do you have? which platform?

I have tried VMD1.8.4, VMD1.8.6 on linux. The above mentioned specden
package loads up on my Mac running VMD1.8.6.

i am confused! how can it make your life easy, if it doesn't work for you???

When I tried using the IRspecGUI on the linux machine, it worked fine. I
computed spectral density from the veldcd, and the peaks were as I expected.
Which is the part that works. The script doesn't work though.

However teh actual case for which I want to compute the spectrum, is very
big in size (8GB), and my computer freezes when I load the dcd file. I am
thinking if I tried a script version, I probably won't have that issue.

Thanks
Goutham