From: Andres Morales N (andresmoralesn2_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 00:03:36 CDT

Dear user:

I am studing protein conformational substates, I need to get the average structure from clsters of structures, I use the following script to do that:

set ref [atomselect top "protein and backbone" frame 0]
set nf [molinfo top get numframes]
set sel [atomselect top "protein and backbone"]

#align

for {set i 0 } {$i < $nf } { incr i } {
$sel frame $i
$sel move [measure fit $sel $ref]
$sel1 frame $i
 }
 # calculate average structure

set sel1 [atomselect top all]
set nf [molinfo top get numframes]
set n [expr $nf - 1]
set newpos [measure avpos $sel1 first 0 last $n step 1]
$sel1 set {x y z} $newpos
$sel1 writepdb "promedio.pdb"

I need to calculate energy of each average structure. I used NAMDEnergy tool to do it. So the results were not good. For example, I have a cluster of eleven structures (frames) which energy is between -1100 and -1000 kcal/mol (calculated with NAMDEnergy too); but average structure's energy is 15094 kcal/mol. I do know what is wrong. I wait somebody can help me.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Andres

Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger Get it now!