From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 11:11:17 CDT

Hi,
  I would suggest assigning indices to the "beta" or "user" fields associated
with each atom, and coloring them either by the field containing the indices,
or by making multiple reps with selections for each grouping, and color them
by colorID. Either method, or a hybrid of the two, should work fine and would
do what you want with a single unified structure file. You can actually
write a script to generate the representations and selections for you,
so you don't have to paste anything at all in the GUI if you don't want to.
See the users guide, or play with "logfile console" to see the commands that
correspond to GUI actions.