From: Gustavo Seabra (gustavo.seabra_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 24 2009 - 17:53:26 CDT

Hi John,

I completely uninstalled the 1.8.6, and reinstalled 1.8.7-beta5. I had
no problems this time, except when I try to launch VMD from within a
Cygwin/X terminal. When I try that, VMD hangs with the message below:

bash$ vmd
[...info messages...]
Found 69 plugins or data handlers in directory
        'C:/Program Files/University of Illinois/VMD/plugins/WIN32/molfile'.
     51 [main] vmd 5536 C:\Program Files\University of
Illinois\VMD\vmd.exe: *** fatal error - Incompatible cygwin .dll --
incompatible per_process info 0 != 168
Hangup
bash$

This does not happen with VMD 1.8.6, which works just fine. I'm using
Cygwin 1.7.

Gustavo.

--
Gustavo Seabra