From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 24 2009 - 15:34:05 CDT

Hi,
  I would suggest creating two atom selections (one each for the two
residues), and then use 'measure center' to get the centers of mass,
and so on, here's a hastily written prototype:
  set sel1 [atomselect top "residue 20"]
  set sel2 [atomselect top "residue 30"]

  set numframes [molinfo top get numframes]
  for {set frame 0} {$frame < $numframes} {incr frame} {
    $sel1 frame $frame
    $sel2 frame $frame
    set com1 [measure center $sel1 weight mass]
    set com2 [measure center $sel2 weight mass]

    set comdist [vecdist $com1 $com2]
    puts "COM distance for frame $frame: $comdist"
  }

  $sel1 delete
  $sel2 delete