From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon May 25 2009 - 23:20:24 CDT

Suman,
  As mentioned by Axel already, this is an error occuring inside of the
OpenGL driver on your system (not VMD). It would seem that your OpenGL
driver has bugs related to 3-D texture mapping (used by the VolumeSlice
representation in VMD), and that working with large datasets triggers
your problem. If this is occuring on a desktop machine, I would strongly
suggest upgrading your video card as experience has shown that the
Intel integrated chipsets have had ongoing driver problems of this sort
under Linux. If you're using a laptop, then your only real recourse is
to file a bug report with the Intel driver developers and hope that they
fix it, or alternately you could try runningg Windows on this system
and hope that the Intel Windows drivers have fewer problems.