From: Alberto Sergio Garay (sgaray_at_fbcb.unl.edu.ar)
Date: Fri May 22 2009 - 15:31:51 CDT

Dear Axel

I've tried what you you suggest but unhappily it does not work.

Dear Peter

My script selects some molecules in the periodic images of my box
simulation which are closed to other molecule (my target). I wish my
script shows me only these selection, which are saved in a variable.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sergio

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 12:06 -0300, Alberto Sergio Garay wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm wondering if it is possible to introduce some variables ($a)
> in the following command:
>
> mol selection {$a}

have you tried?

mol selection "$a"

when using curly braces in tcl, variables are not expanded,
in double quotes they are.

cheers,
    axel.

[Ocultar texto citado]