From: Rob (spamrefuse_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 22 2009 - 02:08:15 CDT

Hello,

I'm using ABINIT code (http://www.abinit.org/) for my simulations
and I like to use VMD for the visualization.

I don't think there is already a plugin that automates the visualisation
of abinit output files. Is that right?

If it's not there yet, I may try to code a plugin for abinit.
Is there some help docs on how to code the plugins?

While at this:
I strongly believe that the list of "file types" is getting far too long.
It would be so much better if this list is configurable per user.
The average user only needs a few input file types, depending on
his/hersimulation software; no need to always have to select from
an ever growing list of obscure input file types.

Like in my case: I use VASP and ABINIT; so I would curtail
this list to only give me VASP and ABINIT file types.

Regards,
Rob.