From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed May 06 2009 - 18:18:54 CDT

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 20:50 +0200, Pawel Kedzierski wrote:
> Hi,
> I use VMD 1.8.6 (binary distribution) with Python 2.2.2 and Numeric 23.1.
> This is installed on Mandriva Linux 2007.1.
> When I use e.g. the following Python code:
>
> mol = VMD.atomsel.atomsel('all')
> vec = (10.0, 0.0, 0.0)
> mol.moveby(vec)
>
> the (top) molecule selected does not move in the OpenGL window.
> I tried also mol.move() with appropriate matrix. Trials to do
> mol.update(), VMD.display.update() or VMD.display.update_ui() didn't
> help.

pawel,

it works for me in the tcl script interface of version 1.8.6 and
with a self-compiled version of the current development sources
using the native python installation.

if you only want to do a simple transformation like this,
the corresponding tcl code is:

set sel [atomselect top all]
set vec {10.0 0.0 0.0}
$sel moveby $vec