From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 25 2009 - 17:17:19 CDT

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 23:11 +0200, Thomas Evangelidis wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> is there any way to prevent psfgen from printing warning messages,
> explicitly or implicitly (using tcl synstax)?
> My console is filled up with messages like this:
>
> Warning: explicit angles in residue TIP3:8721 will be deleted during
> autogeneration
>
> and I have the feeling that they slow down my calculations.

...only if you use tkcon. do you?

there should be a way to do it generally. one can probably (ab)use the
infrastructure that i programmed in the VMDCON patches in the current
cvs code, those are, however, not yet compiled into the normal
distribution and i have not thought about how to cleanly implement
a way to silence this kind of console output in a clean fashion.
i'd probably have to convert the whole psfgen module to use the
prioritized output from vmdcon.C. hmmm...

something along those lines will, in fact, be needed for anybody running
tcl commands on the console (even text mode) on large systems.

cheers,
    axel.