From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2009 - 14:37:10 CST

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009, Peter Freddolino wrote:

peter,

PF> Why render a .ps? Using a real renderer (like tachyon) to give a raster
PF> image generally gives better results, and you can then use imagemagick
PF> (http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php) to convert the
PF> resulting .tga files to whatever format Office wants.

please note, that on windows tachyon also writes .bmp files
(at least this is what i gathered from looking at vmdmovie.tcl).
it seems more that the respective import filters don't handle
the .bmp "flavor" that VMD/Tachyon generate. so a conversion
by a "proper" tool would always be required.

cheers,
   axel.