From: Nicholas Labello (nlabello_at_msi.umn.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 09:43:19 CST

Hello folks,

I would be very grateful if someone would point me to a tutorial or
any documentation that walks through the steps necessary to use VMD with a
haptic device and perform IMD. I've found a number of the pieces by
combing this mailing list, digging through the VMD tutorials, and of course
performing google searches but can't seem to connect all of the dots.

Regards,

Nick

System Info: VMD and NAMD are installed on a remote GNU/Linux cluster and
the IMD tutorial (http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/imd/tutorial/) works
well. I have a Sensable Phantom Desktop installed on a Windows XP PC.
The drivers are installed and the device works well with the Sensable "box
test." On the PC I use Microsoft Visual Studio to compile VRPN, which
seems to have proceeded smoothly.

--
Nicholas P. Labello, Ph.D.
Computational Biochemistry Consultant