From: Ondrej Marsalek (ondrej.marsalek_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 29 2008 - 10:52:45 CST

hello all,

i have the following problem with vmd. i would like to load
(volumetric) data on the fly, as they won't fit into memory all at
once. it all works fine using some (python) scripting, except for one
thing. every time data get loaded, my view position is reset. i have
not managed to prevent it and i have not managed to restore the
original view.

if i save all the view parameters, i can restore the view from these
if i do it "by hand", some time after the data are loaded. if,
however, i do it in a script just after a call to
VMD.molecule.add_volumetric or something similar, the view still gets
reset. my suspicion is that the call to add_volumetric returns
immediately, loading data in the background a reseting the view at the
end. is this the case? is there any way around it?

any help much appreciated, cheers,
ondrej