From: Berit Hinnemann (behi_at_topsoe.dk)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2008 - 03:38:46 CST

Axel (and others),

Axel, thank you for your reply.

I checked out the documentation I could find on the color command, but I
cannot see how one can change the color scales.

The command "color scale method XXX" allows me to choose one of the
predefined color schemes, but not create new schemes.
I also tried changing the definition of the colors (e.g. taking the BWG
scheme and setting Blue -> Black, White ->Yellow, Green-> White through
the rgb values. While this affects the colors of everything else in the
display window as it should, it does not affect the atoms colored
according to the color scale.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you. Best regards, Berit
Berit Hinnemann
Research Scientist | Characterization Department | Research & Development
Haldor Topsøe A/S
Nymøllevej 55
DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby
Phone: +45 4527 2130 (direct)
Haldor Topsøe is market leading within heterogeneous catalysis and
supplies catalysts and process design for oil refineries, chemical plants
and the energy sector. The environment plays an important role in Topsøe's
research and production, and through the introduction of new catalysts and
technologies the company supports a more sustainable use of the world's
resources. Annual revenues total DKK 3.5 billion generated by our 1,700
dedicated employees. For additional information please see our web site
www.topsoe.com

"Axel Kohlmeyer" <akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu>
Sent by: owner-vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu
26-11-2008 19:53

Berit Hinnemann [BEHI]@htas
cc
vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu

Subject
Re: vmd-l: Other color scales than the predefined ones?

berit,

yes. custom color scales are possible.
please check out the detailed documentation of the color command.

cheers,
    axel.