From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 12:48:52 CST

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Thomas Evangelidis wrote:

TE> Hi,

hi thomas,

when you are running scripts from within vmd
there is next to no benefit to call catdcd as
you can perform all operations of catdcd (and
then some) as conveniently from within vmd using
the "mol new" and "animate write" commands. please
note that mol new returns the molecule id and that
animate write allow writes of specific molecule
id and that you can hand in a selection to write
out a subset of a molecule.

cheers,
   axel.

p.s.: the proper way to execute external executables
in tcl is to use the exec proc. check your friendly
tcl manual. ;-)