From: Adam Kraut (adamnkraut_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2008 - 13:27:52 CDT

Hi All,

I would like to generate movies using VMD that include a surface
representation colored by electrostatic potential. Using APBS, the APBS
plugin, and the technique described here:

http://apbs.sourceforge.net/doc/tutorial/index.html#vmd-sect

I get the desired effect in the display window. However, when I render the
scene using povray, tachyon, or others, the result is a solid color
surface. Surfaces with B-factor coloring method also do not render as they
appear in the display. Is this the expected behavior or is there something
I can do differently? I would prefer to use povray or tachyon if possible
rather than screen capture.

Adam Kraut
kraut_at_psc.edu