From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2008 - 10:03:46 CDT

Hi,
  You may also need to add "molinfo $index set frame $frame" to your script.
For the purposes you seem to have intended, all of the vmd_frame variable
tracing is just a distraction, and isn't really relevant to what you're doing.
You can also replace the old call to vmd_calculate_structure with the more
current approach of "mol ssrecalc $index". Try cleaning up your code and
eliminating the leftover parts from sscache, and focus on writing a simpler
script that just loops over frames, calls "mol ssrecalc" and does the
secondary structure queries you're interested in.