From: L. Michel Espinoza-Fonseca (mef_at_ddt.biochem.umn.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2008 - 11:56:11 CDT

Hi Anayo,

In the past I experienced the same problem when creating videos with
VMD under windows. The quick-and-dirty solution I can give you is to
unselect "Delete image files" in the "Movie settings" menu. This will
create a bunch of images for each snapshot of your trajectory (or
whatever you want to animate). When the rendering is done, simply open
videomach and import the first rendered image and videomach will
automatically ask you if you want to import the series of images you
just created. The rest is straightforward.

Please note that you should create a separate folder to temporary
store the image files, so you can easily delete them afterwards.

Cheers,
Michel