From: Leandro Martínez (leandromartinez98_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2008 - 13:20:52 CDT

We have developed a code to do this kind of thing.
I have already suggested it to Navdeep, but maybe
it is of interest of someone else. It is GPL and available
at:

http://www.ime.unicamp.br/~martinez/packmol

With it you can build boxes of any kind of solvent and
a variety of geometries whenever you have a pdb file
of a single molecule of the solvent of interest. The boxes
are built in such a way that there are no overlaps
between atoms of different molecules, in such a way
that energy optimization or simulations run smoothly.

Hope it helps,
Leandro.