From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2008 - 11:01:18 CDT

Hi,
  What working directory did you use? It turns out that there are some
issues with APBS and filenames that contain spaces. The new versions of
APBS have fixed these problems, and we are in the process of updating the
APBS plugin for VMD similarly, but in the mean time you will likely need
to make a working directory path that contains no spaces, e.g. c:/apbsrun