From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2008 - 06:30:55 CDT

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, bo liu wrote:

BL> Dear All,
BL>
BL> My questions:
BL>
BL> *1. I have generate a distance volmap using VolMapTool, then, how to render
BL> publication quality graphics with VMD?*
BL>
BL> I have experimented VMD's rendering features: snapshot, tachyon, and POV3.
BL> but none of them provides desirable pictures. Tachyon or POV3 even generates
BL> completely blank graphs... i don't know what's going wrong...
BL> Any suggestions?

how should anybody know?
please provide examples of what you
do and _how_ it "does not work".

BL> *2. how to quary informations on the volmap data, say, distance between two
BL> points, when the data is shown by volumnSlice ? how to draw a distance
BL> scale on the rendering?*

i don't quite get what you want to do. have you
checked out the colorscalebar plugin (Extensions->Visualization->ColorScaleBar)?

BL> **
BL> I wish seasoned users could help me develop my skills working with VMD!

and i wish people would ask questions that require less guessing
of what they really want to know. ;-)

cheers,
    axel.