From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 21:56:13 CDT

Jason,
  This is one of the items that's on my TODO list to finish up.
I have added 3-D texturing to Tachyon in support of the type of
electrostatic potential renderings we do in VMD, and I've prototyped
the necessary interfaces in VMD, but I haven't finished debugging the
code yet. At present I've either got a bug on the Tachyon side or
on the VMD side but I need a day of uninterrupted development time
in order to finish it off. I'll let you know when I have something,
but for the present moment, the Snapshot rendering method is
your best bet.