From: Adrian Kaats (akaats_at_yahoo.ca)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2008 - 09:19:35 CDT

Hi,

Is it possible to get VMD to load a PDB file with different numbers of atoms in its models (records between MODEL and ENDMDL). If I understand correctly, that this isn't done automatically is due to a restriction in the PDB Plugin.

Is there a nice way around this? That is, can I get a PDB consisting of several models with different atom numbers (e.g. the biological unit of OmpF - PDB Id 2omf) to be loaded with all of the models in separate frames?

If not, in a future version, would it be possible to have this implemented as an option when loading a PDB file?

Thanks,

Adrian Kaats
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Biomedical Engineering
McGill University

Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA