From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 15:17:39 CST

Hi,
  You can use the "draw" commands in VMD to add your own geometry to
the molecular scene, however if you are trying to do this in combination
with trajectory playback, speed may be an issue. If you limited your
script-based drawing to a relatively small number of atoms at a time you
could probably still animate a trajectory effectively.
Here's the section in the user's guide that discusses the draw
commands:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.7.1/ug/node167.html

Let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,