From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2008 - 05:01:33 CST

On Feb 1, 2008 3:27 AM, massimo camarda <camarda.massimo_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to make an animation of a carbon interstitial moving inside
> crystalline silicon.
> Is there a way to "follow" the carbon atom, that is, to move the viewpoint
> to follow the interstitial during
> its movement?
> In general (since I am a newbie on VMD) what would be the best way to do
> create such animation?

please have a look at:.

http://www.theochem.rub.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/cpmd-vmd/part4.html#chap6_sect2

this would be close to what you want to do. however, this is not something
for the faint of heart, so as a 'confessing VMD newbie' i recommend that
you work your way through several of the available VMD tutorials before
and also the first part of the webpage referred to, before trying your hand
at this.

ciao,
   axel