From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2008 - 22:54:33 CST

Hi,
  To me it sounds like you may be running a Linux distribution
that has problems with the interaction with Tk and internationalization.
I've seen this type of problem before with certain versions of Suse Linux,
but not for a while. What Linux distro and version are you running?
I've also forwarded your note to the author of RMSDTT in case he has
a suggestion.