From: Xavier Cartoixa Soler (Xavier.Cartoixa_at_uab.es)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2007 - 05:41:36 CST

  Hi,

  I use VMD to visualize wavefunctions from .cube files that I generate
with a homemade electronic structure program.
  I know that VMD has a few predefined coloring schemes for volumetric
data (eg RGB. BGR, BlkW, etc.), and I even modify them from time to time
by editing a previously saved state file.
  However, these color schemes only allow the definition of three color
points: beginning, midpoint, end; but I would like to apply a rainbow
scheme to my data, similar to the default gradient in gnuplot under
pm3d. Is there any way to do it? If not, would the developers consider
allowing for more than one user-definable color midpoints in future
releases?
  Thanks!

  Xavier