From: #WONG CHEE HOW# (P7443050C_at_ntu.edu.sg)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 19:57:26 CST

Hi,

If I have beta values of 1.0 to 9.0 for atom 1 in a molecule for frame 1 to 9 respectively in a multiple PDB file, when I load it into VMD and animate it, why is it that after each frame, the beta color doesn't change to its beta color. For instance, at frame 2, the beta color should be 2.0, however, it remains unchanged at 1.0. Similarly at frame 9, the beta color also remains at 1.0 instead of 9.0. It seems to me that during an animation, VMD only loads the first instance of 'beta color' and take no effect at subsequent frames despite changes in the beta field. Am I right or wrong?

CH WONG