From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2007 - 17:08:32 CDT

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Nicolas Sapay wrote:

NS> John,
NS>
NS> Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, I can't use a psf structure
NS> because that requires some CHARMM formated files and my system is
NS> derived from a bunch of GROMACS *.itp files. I can probably write a
NS> quick-and-dirty script to convert topologies but I not sure a simple
NS> residue renumbering worth it :)

no problem there. just load the .pdb, interactively fix the bonds
and do: animate write psf newfile.psf

for as long as you only need the psf file for visualization, that
is good enough. i'm using this technique (and some more elaborate
scripting) for visualizing trajectories from coarse grained MD,
where a distance based bond-guessing will fail miserably).
if needed you can also modify the .psf in a (programmable) text
editor or similar to do the renumbering (e.g. with vi and the
's' command).

cheers,
   axel.