From: Θωμας Ευαγγελιδης (te8624_at_mbg.duth.gr)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2007 - 06:12:49 CDT

Andrea,

you need to use psfgen plugin. First download the topology files from:

http://www.pharmacy.umaryland.edu/faculty/amackere/force_fields.htm

Read psfgen's manual, there's a comprehensive example there (if your pdb
contains only waters, ignore the protein part in the example).
There’s a known problem with psfgen and water representation in VMD. By default
the waters will seem like triangles
( http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l/2666.html ). You can
change that by replacing this line in your topology file :

BOND OH2 H1 OH2 H2 H1 H2 ! the last bond is needed for shake

By this one:

BOND OH2 H1 OH2 H2 ! the last bond is needed for shake

But I think that if you want to use your .psf for simulations, you must not
modify the topology file.

Good luck,
Thomas Evangelidis