From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 12:51:30 CDT

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Arneh Babakhani wrote:

AB> I see, ok, thanks for the clarification (I didn't know the index keyword
AB> was internal),

just for completeness, so is serial (it is index+1).

the atom index number in pdb or gro files is lost
on reading only the residue index is preserved
(cf. residue vs resid. the first is internal and unique
and the second is what was read from the file).

VMD being a c/c++ code uses c-style list indexes.

cheers,
   axel.