From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 08:12:28 CDT

Dear Pascal,
  You could probably modify the "pick_bonds" script from the
VMD script library to do this for you pretty easily. It is
intended to be used interactively, but by reading the User's
guide and looking at the pick_bonds script, you should be able
to write your own script that does whatever you want, by combining
an atom selection with some looping to delete the bonds you don't
want. The "pick_bonds" script is available on our web site here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/pickbond/

The "setbonds" command which can be used on an atom selection
is in the User's guide in the section on the atomselect keywords:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.7.1/ug/node108.html#ug:ui:text:atomselect

Thanks,