From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 11:02:08 CDT

Dear Tom,
  You can change the default starting position and size of the VMD
graphics window by editing the 'vmd' startup script, which is usually
installed as "/usr/local/bin/vmd". You will want to change the lines
that set "VMDSCRPOS" and "VMDSCRSIZE". Let us know if you need more
help with this. I'll probably change the defaults so that when running
on a Mac we only assume a 1024x768 screen, since I believe that is
considered the minimum standard screen resolution for MacOS X from what
I read (they support lower resolutions, but I understand that the lower
resolution modes are only intended for games and video playback apps..).

Thanks,